Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dog Days/Dog's Life

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when you go doggie shopping after 40 some hours of rain!

Despite getting filthy and soaked...despite getting lost after the GPS led us to a dead end...despite the fact that we hung out with sweet doggies all day and didn't get to bring one home (we wanted to take them all home!)...it was a pretty great day. 

I know you'll think I'm kidding, but I'm really having to work hard at not letting the fact that I have to work in the morning ruin a perfectly good day.  Here's the thing.  Sometimes, especially lately, I just get tired of being a big girl.  I get tired of getting up at a big girl hour, driving a big girl car in big girl traffic to get to a big girl job where I read about grown ups in big trouble.  I get tired of being brave and tired of making decisions and honestly, sometimes I just don't want to do it all anymore.  I want to spend my days making cool things and hanging out with the people I love.  Why do we have to grow up anyway?  Am I alone in this? 

Thanks for the kind words on the last post.  With everything I've described above, I've kind of been feeling like the life's been sucked out of me and it's a large reason why I haven't written for a while.  I'm sure I'll work it out, but it sure helps to have some encouragement. 

4 comments:

Beth Morey said...

Dog . . . shopping?! I never thought I'd see the day! Can't wait to "meet" the new pup when she makes herself known.

Lori Wilson said...

I"m tired of being a big girl too. Why were we in such a hurry to grow up? Maybe we just need to play more. Hmm...what can I do today to bring the little girl in me out to play? I'll get back to you on that.

Elizabeth said...

Dog shopping? Really? Fun!

Sometimes I really miss those endless days of playing with Barbies and baby dolls. :)

christyjean said...

I'm glad you were able to play a little on your day off!